Are you looking for a delicious recipe for potato salad that is sure to succeed and is easy to prepare? Then you’ve come to the right place. We have put together a good basic recipe for you and also show you how you can creatively spice up the recipe.
Ingredients for the potato salad:
- 500g potatoes (waxy)
- 200g yogurt
- 1 onion
- Chives (to taste)
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Peel the potatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces, cook in salted water and let them cool down
- Peel and finely dice the onion
- Mix yogurt, chives, salt, vinegar, and onion
- Fold the cooled potatoes into the yogurt mixture
- Let it sit in the refrigerator for about 4 hours
- Serve and enjoy
Ideas for sides
- Frankfurter sausages are the perfect companion for this potato salad. Either hot or cold.
- A few slices of good whole grain bread are also great, as you can soak up the sauce nicely afterwards.
Creative recipe variations for the potato salad
- Luxury potato salad: Replace the chives with dill. Use 1-2 shallots instead of the onion and add some finely chopped smoked salmon.
- Italian-inspired: Replace the chives with chopped basil. Add pine nuts, a few chopped olives, and chopped sun-dried tomatoes. Use balsamic vinegar instead of regular vinegar.
- Red potato salad: Also finely chop a little beetroot and mix it into the potato salad.
- Vegan potato salad: For this, simply replace the yogurt with soy yogurt.
- Indian-inspired potato salad: For this, mix some curry powder into the yogurt mixture to taste.
- Farmer’s variant: For this, fry a little bacon and mix it into the potato salad.
- Austrian variant: Stir 2 tablespoons of styrian pumpkin seed oil into the potato salad. If desired, also add chopped pumpkin seeds. (Here you can order pumpkin oil and seeds from Austria)
Any other ideas? Then write to us at email@example.com